Search This Blog

Friday, March 30, 2012

What did YOU learn today?

Who is your life mentor? 
Who is teaching you about life? 
 Is it a Grandma or a Mama or Daddy?  Did your preschool teacher teach you years ago to be patient when someone hurts you?

I know we are products of what we learned in our youth.  Like: to listen, obey, sit still when a story is being read. What about the other 'osmosis' learning, 'to not show hurt when others laugh at you', 'that you must be pretty funny looking
when you cry in public.' 'To punch someone, when they offend you'.


Oh, the lessons we learn by osmosis or beliefs.  It is the part of life we wonder, 'when did I learn THAT?!'. It shows up on the radar of our lives and it doesn't seem to go with who we 'want to be'.


My mentors were my teachers, family and friends. I learned MUCH, much, more by osmosis, than by words.  

"Where are you??!!! What are you doing??!!  I know you broke that!!  When will you EVER Learn??!!"


Shame, and condemnation.  I guess YOU might not have gotten that message, but for me it was LOUD AND CLEAR. 

So I ask you again, Who was your Mentor? What did you learn today or yesterday? What did you learn in Pre-School, Kindergarten, First grade, even Home schooling children. Has Holy Spirit been your mentor too? He has been mine for over 30 years.


If I could, I would say to you right now: "Listen and watch with eyes of love and care. Ears of trust and obedience."  
When we learn with Fear in our heart, we learn to fear, distrust, feel shame, and to be 'tough'.

How to unlearn what was damaging to us.  I believe the Bible, so I also believe God is the one who undoes the damage, if we trust Him to do so.  He is a gentleman, so He will not push us or twist our arms.


Prov. 3:5-6 bears repeating again and again and again.  'Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart, lean NOT to your own understanding, and He will direct your paths'


Step 1: Recognize 'unbelief'.  ( God began showing me how much my thoughts were NOT based in Faith, and I asked Him to show me more, so it's being aware of your mindset and asking God for help and grace to stop 'not believing')
Step 2: Pray with faith, ask God for more belief. 
Step 3: Belief is from your 'will', its a choice to believe by faith in the solid truth of God 1 Cor 15:1,2    
Step 4: It (unbelief) is a spirit- just like fear, power, alcoholism, anger, rage. There is a reason 'alcohol' has a name: 'spirits'.  A host of 'ugliness' is in that bottle. 
As God is a Spirit of Love, the other spirits have to go, go, go. Because Jesus is the name ABOVE all Names.  
Step 5: Proverbs 18:21  "Death and Life are in the power of the tongue" Be mindful of what you say, and how you say it. Start and end your day with encouragement and Life on your tongue. God help us all.

This is a few of a host of lessons God has taught me over the years.  I know God will help, if you decide to do this.  He did/ is doing it for me. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment