Search This Blog

Friday, April 6, 2012

It keeps raining, raining, raining

How do you feel when it rains for days and days ?  I know some feel sadness, of not being able to 'get out' and play tennis, or go for a hike or star gaze.  It can be overwhelming, but if you can get out anyway, it really does lift your spirits. 

 Rain won't hurt you, not unless you are the 'wicked witch' in the 'Wizard of Oz'.  I don't think you are that, she is made up anyway.

Not: rain, sorrow, being down, difficult days, none will hurt or damage - unless we have the mind they will. 

Raining, raining, raining, how do you feel? 
Straining, straining, straining, to keep my countenance up.
Laughing, laughing, laughing at the weight on me,
I can look at others and see what 'they go through' is Harder - than me. 

It takes some practice, but you can have a great attitude in ALL things. Rain or shine.

Phil. 4:14  "Rejoice in the Lord always, again I will say Rejoice"
Phil. 2:5 " Having this mind in you, which also was in Christ Jesus "

Having a 'good/positive attitude' is great, but does having a good/positive attitude create 'things'?  Does a 'positive attitude ', clean up a mess of spilled Quinoa?  NO. ( see spilled Beans post, now this was just providential!)

 We don't  often rejoice when we make a mess or others do, we mostly get 'sour'. This is human nature ( maybe you are an exception to that norm, that would be great )

Yet, having a 'Rejoicing' Spirit is from God.

If you see 'Rain' in your life, Rejoice!  Why, because after the rain comes fresh air, clean skies, watered plants - FREE, watered lawns, Green, Green, Green! 

After the 'trouble' comes the 'blessing'. Isn't this true often? 

After an 'accident' you are actually stronger from the physical training, the emotional strengthening, learning how to adjust in a 'difficult thing'.  

Rain, Rain, Rain - come on!
Rain, Rain, Rain - we need you!
Rain, Rain, Rain - I rejoice in God's provision.

How can I say this?  Because I tried the opposite : Anger, Bitterness, Hate, Rage, Revenge, Frustration, Lack of Self Control in my words, and emotions. I didn't just 'try it', I wore it, soaked myself in it, became comfortable 'wearing them' and then God started to reveal 'my heart'.

Those years caused a lot of damage to my family, but in God's grace, He is able to restore.  I do not want to be that: bitter, biting, complaining, selfish person. That is not who God made me to be.

Can people change from bitter to better? Yes, in Christ Jesus. How else do you forgive the unforgivable, and rejoice that it happened too!

God IS Able!

Eph. 3:20   Now to Him who is able to exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think. according to the power that worketh in us.

This work is Gods work. ( power = Dunimis power = like dynamite! ) we can change, no doubt, but we can't change our heart/ spirit. Only God can forgive us for harboring 'bitterness.....'.  Forgiveness is what changes us, not anything else.

Jews and Gentiles alike, need Gods Forgiveness. 



No comments:

Post a Comment